Welcome to FH Youth!
School is Starting and The Franklin County Fair is Coming to Town!
Youth Volunteers Wanted
Fair Dates: September 8-11, 2016
Volunteers needed various shifts between September 7-12
- get into the Fair for free!
- get a free T-shirt!
- collect bagged recyclables from bins
- sort and process materials (training provided)
- monitor compost bins
- have fun at the fair while protecting our environment
At each fair we recycle and composte between 4-5 tons of bottles, cans, containers, and food and paper waste, which otherwise would have gone to a landfill!
How it works: Volunteers enter the fair for free on the day they volunteer and can enjoy the fair before or after their 4-hour shift and during their 30-minute meal break. Volunteers must be confirmed* before the event: anyone who shows up without prior confirmation will have to pay to enter the fair.
Deadline to sign up:Wed 9/7, 5 pm.
Volunteers also needed for set up and breakdown before and after the Fair, on Wed. Sept. 7th, Thurs Sept. 8th, and especially on Monday Sept. 12th. If you sign up to volunteer when the Fair is closed, you can attend the Fair for free another day.
To sign up:
- Go to the Doodle Poll at: http://doodle.com/poll/uasbye88zux3ymd6. Tips: click "Show all options," select your preferred shift (volunteering for multiple shifts is welcome!), write down your shift time, then press "Save" when finished. There is nowhere to enter your email address, so:
- *Required: (reply to this email or) email Amy Donovan, Program Director, Franklin County Solid Waste District: email@example.com. (No email? Call 413-772-2438.) Your shift time will then be confirmed and you’ll receive important confirmation info via email.
Thank you! We could not run this valuable program without volunteers!
Program Director, Franklin County Solid Waste Management District
Recycling Director, Franklin County Fair
firstname.lastname@example.org, (413) 772-2438
This website was designed by and for local youth in Franklin County and Hampshire Counties. The Regional Employment Board and Franklin Hampshire Career Centers are commited to helping young adults start on their path to become a working citizen.
The website is sponsored by the Franklin Hampshire Youth Services Council, a group of representatives from private industry, public organizations, youth service providers and schools. The mission of the council is to ensure the prosperity of Franklin, Hampshire and North Quabbin youth by increasing youth "connectedness," enhancing school-community youth engagement strategies, and improving youth education and employment prospects.
We hope you will take some time to click around this site and check out the resources here. If you would like some help with your employment/career journey, feel free to contact us.